Thursday 8 April 2010

Cloudy skies above at Oasis



I took these photographs earlier today of the Oasis store at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. What caught my attention were the patterned clouds hanging from the ceiling. I really like the way they have designed the props in patterns similar to those in the products displayed. This concept could be used by a range of brands, particularly by those who have a signature print, for example Paul Smith's stripes or Laura Ashley's vintage florals.

Other elements to the display such as the poodles on the window pane are not in my opinion as strong, but I do like the way the leads held by the mannequins link to the window stickers of poodles to look as if they are walking them.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!You have got very lovely blog:)
    http://fashionsweetyroom.blogspot.com/

    Kata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathryn. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I agree the clouds are very cute and an effective, eye-catching display. May I use them in my blog, the Retail Details? I will credit your blog and the Oasis store. Let me know. Stay display inspired! ~Becky Tyre
    Retail Details blog
    Becky@SwirlMarketing.com
    http://www.swirlmarketing.com/blog/retaildetails

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for your comments!
    You are welcome to use them Becky, I'm glad to see other people take an interest in an area of retail I am so passionate about!
    Your blog looks really interesting, a great resource for independent stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kathryn. I'm filing your cloud pics for future blog use. Stay display inspired! ~Becky Tyre
    Retail Details blog
    Becky@SwirlMarketing.com
    http://www.swirlmarketing.com/blog/retaildetails

    ReplyDelete