Wednesday 19 January 2011

The best of the sales




After my last post about the White Company I decided to see if I could track down anymore window displays that have used innovation and creativity in their promotion of that four letter word. It was by no means an easy task but eventually I found three displays that impressed me.

The first is Kurt Geiger on Regent Street, I really like the way they have used highlights of red in a subtle and stylish way; in their light bulb signage, in the shoes on display and also in the lips of the otherwise very plain mannequin.
The second display at Anthropologie also on Regent Street, uses playful fonts and patterns to create a composition of key messages about their sale. The third retailer pictured is Vivienne Westwood's menswear store just off New Bond Street. Refreshingly this brand decided to abandon the colour red and use the same vibrant blue as their store signage for their sale promotion. The bunched up giant letters are instantly eyecatching and work well next to the two mannequins, creating a balanced composition that fits the small but perfectly shaped window.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I wonder if you could help me improve my display? I have a whole endcap at a local organic grocery store. I sell my handsewn goods, including bags/purses, onesies, jackets, and smaller items. If you can help me, please email me at KatEyez62707@yahoo.com
    I am not sure if you do consultations or not??

    Thank you SO much!!!
    Katherine

    Here is my display at the moment. Sorry, they are a tad bit blurry.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=479326030266&set=a.455418645266.247078.530780266
    (and the top part is still the same, but there are now wooden boxes at bottom
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=455418650266&set=a.455418645266.247078.530780266

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really wonderful Blog. In the past, many retailers have seen as nothing more than a merchandising products effort, where as now it can be seen as a worthwhile investment.

    ReplyDelete